Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cultural Update for September

Remember my New Year's resolution? The one that had me getting sprayed with toilet water and getting my knee rubbed by a stranger? Yeah. That one.

Remind me again why I do this to myself ... oh that's right. It's my goal to become a more culturally diverse person, dahhhhling. A person of real style and class. What better way to do that other than immersing myself in the arts and other cultural activities?

I willingly immersed myself in a cultural activity this past Saturday night. I went to a minor league baseball game. Purists might argue about the cultural significance of a ball game, but it's our national past time. I believe it's right up there with museums, music festivals, and operas.

Besides, I got to eat a weenie at my cultural event and in the cultural experiences department, weenies beat opera glasses and curators walking around sushing people hands down. It's true, people. Look it up in the Geneva Accords.

Behold. My official ball park hot dog. Complete with mustard and onions the way God intended for us to eat hot dogs. Two words for you about my hot dog. Dee. Lish. 



I love minor league ball games. There's always some crazy promotion going on like one dollar concessions or free souvenir night. For the record, I am fully on board with both of those ideas. Saturday night was the last home game of the season so it was 'win the shirts off our backs' night. I didn't win. Boo.


It was a lovely evening and I soaked up plenty of culture and classiness. It was a night in which the home team won. It was also fireworks night.

I have ever mentioned how geeked up I get over fireworks? Love, love, love pyrotechnics in the sky! They make my heart sing. My Saturday was just about perfect with a winning combination of hot dog and fireworks.

Then we got stuck in traffic on the way home because of the ball game and Rib Fest. I kinda sorta forgot that Rib Fest was happening in downtown Indy. Whoops. Traffic jams are major bummers, but ours was awesome because we just rolled down the windows and listened to the Doobie Brothers playing onstage at Rib Fest.

I believe weenies, baseball, and the Doobs qualify this as the best cultural experience of the year.

So far. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.