Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Thoughts on Office Space

I checked another movie off of my Must See list: 1999's Office Space.

I. Loved. It. Finally! A movie that delighted, not disturbed, me. Hear that Nicole Kidman and your incredibly disturbing other-worldly beauty?

Right away Office Space cracked me up. The door locking scene in the opening credits? Hilarious. Discussing flair? Hilarious. The Geto Boys 'Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gansta' and describing Michael Bolton as a 'no talent ass clown'? High. Larry. Us.

* side note: Impolite as it may be, no talent ass clown might be my new go-to phrase. 

In addition to the giant pat of butter from Uncle Buck and Jonah Hill's Wham!mobile, I'm adding a red Swingline stapler to my wish list. Let's take a moment to behold the beauty that is a red Swingline stapler. She's a real beaut, Clark.



Upon first seeing the red stapler in Office Space (and before I knew it was a 'thing'), I leaned over to my husband and squealed 'Ooooo a Swingline! That's, like, such a nice stapler. Probably the nicest one made. I just love the Art Deco style of 'em, too. And the red? Love it!'

Now, in addition to the giant pat of butter from Uncle Buck and Jonah Hill's Wham!mobile, I want a red Swingline stapler.

Yeah, at this point I'm pretty sure my husband was thinking about how glad he was to have married me.

If going a tad nuts over a red Swingline weren't enough, I had to have the references to 'Superman 3' explained. Guess who hasn't seen 'Superman 3'? Okay, okay. Guess who hasn't seen 'Superman' and 'Superman 2' either?

I have a feeling that my list of movies to watch is going to get longer before it gets shorter. 


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.