... for I have officially made my craft room paint choice.
That's right, I kicked indecision in the hooha. I brought it to it's knees. It only took me twenty-one paint chips, three days, five trips to the paint store, hours of agonizing indecision, sixty-eight text messages to friends, and one Curtis to select my color.
* side note: I loved the suggestions in the comment section a couple of days ago about how to select a color. You guys crack me up.
In the end, I've decided to channel my husband and be all scientific about it. He had already formed his opinion by using my two nemesis: logic and reason. He went through some type of analytical process that allowed him to choose one color from the many taped to the wall. Very efficiently, I might add. He'd made his choice in about fifteen minutes and then went out to the garden to check on the pumpkin crop. Meanwhile, I'm still stuck in the room going 'Hmm … I don't know. I really love them all' for three hours.
You know, there just might be something to this logical approach. I gave it a whirl. I heartlessly yanked down paint chips that were (logically) not the right one. After my ruthlessness I stood back to survey my choices.
Phooey. There were none. I had pulled them all down.
I re-taped all the samples back to the wall, shaking my fist and cursing the scientific process the whole time. I've just realized that science has never been my friend and I fear that it will join up with logic and reason to form some sort of analytical posse, but I digress.
In the end, there was just one way for me to pick a paint color. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and used The Force to lead me to the just the right one.
Sometimes you just have to go with your gut. Or The Force.
Pin It Now!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.