Friday, February 4, 2011

Civilization, a Brief Turf War, and the Poltergeist Tree (subtitle) Whew - What a Morning!

This morning, after being stuck in the house for over 3.5 days, I finally busted out. And it was fabulous.

First stop: civilization.


Ahh … civilization. I have missed you. And your biscuits. And your one dollar Diet Cokes.

A biscuit was ordered. A mondo sized Diet Coke was ordered. And (since I had the two little chicks with me) cinnamelts were ordered. And hashbrowns. 'Cause we believe in healthy eating.


That was it. McDonalds. That was our giant foray into town after eighty-nine hours at home. We party hardy.


On the drive back home we encountered some street toughs. Rebels. Rowdy hooligans. Country thugs.


Deer. There were seven of them total. All were spoiling for a fight. Poised for a turf war. Us vs Them. Crips and Bloods, boonies style.


This was the ringleader of the gang.


He (or she?) took one look at me and my girls in the Honda and decided not to start something. My Honda's fierce, man. Fierce. It gets nineteen miles to the gallon and looks good doin' it.


Instead of taking on us and the Honda, the leader decided to go in search of water. And maybe a salt lick.


After our brief brush with death, I was driving down our long lane when this caught my eye.


I thought the tree looked pretty nifty against the bright morning sun. The longer I stood there, the more I started to get a little freaked out because … you know. It's a tree standing all by itself. Poltergeist style. It could suck me in it's trunk at any moment.


My mild freak out could have grown into a full fledged panic attack if the two goofballs I left in the car in the garage hadn't set off the car alarm.



Nothing breaks the evil spell of a Poltergeist tree like the WONK! WONK! WONK! of your car alarm.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.