The annual Girl Scout Father/Daughter dance was another.
It was my oldest daughter's last Father/Daughter dance. That fact makes me weepy.
Wednesday was our last Muffins for Moms. That fact makes me weepy.
Throw in the royal wedding and I was a goner.
By the time the last song was played at the last Father/Daughter dance, I was this close to being a weepy wreck.
But I had two friends that kept making me laugh instead of allowing me to indulge in my cry fest.
They are my fellow Girl Scout Troop 51 leaders. We've been doing the whole Brownie/Girl Scout thing together for four years, which is a lifetime in volunteer years.
Aren't they lovely?
Such pretty girls.
I should point out that the dance had a luau theme. We don't normally dress like rejects from a Jimmy Buffett concert.
Most of the time.
Over the last four years, these ladies have become my good friends.
They've helped me realize my strengths and weaknesses as a person.
They've dragged me kicking and screaming out of my comfort zone by making me do things I normally wouldn't attempt to do.
Like take 24 third grade Brownies to see the sold-out musical "Annie" at Purdue.
And take those same girls a year and a half later to see Selena Gomez at the State Fair in 100 degree heat.
Side note: No one passed out, got lost, or threw up. We considered both occasions a total success.
I need to wind up this post before I get too weepy, so I'm leaving you with this picture of the lovely ladies being super supportive of me.
Thanks ladies!
Pin It Now!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.