Friday, April 13, 2012

Duh! It's Friday The 13th

I knew it was going to be a weird day when I woke up with the song 'Delta Dawn' in my head. And I haven't heard that song it a loooooong time, but there it was, blaring in my head. And now it's in your head.

You're welcome.

My day got weirder when a turkey ran in front of my car. Seriously. I almost hit a wild turkey with my Honda. My oldest was in the car with me and she thinks my reaction to the turkey is the funniest thing she's ever seen. She may be right.

While outside this morning, I caught myself taking photos of dandelions, which isn't all that weird until I tell you that I was lying down on the semi-moist grass in order to 'get good shots of weeds'.



Oh, and I was still singing 'Delta Dawn', only this time, you know, with feeling.

As I found myself lying in the grass searching for a graceful way to get up, I started thinking about beanbag chairs and how comfy they are. Of course, both lying in the grass and lounging on a beanbag have the same problem: a graceful exit strategy. Seriously, how does one gracefully get up off the lawn or out of a beanbag chair? This problem has plagued me for years.

But I digress, which is weird.

No. Not really. Just seeing if you were paying attention.

It finally hit me whilst running on my treadmill (not listening to 'Delta Dawn' thankyouverymuch, but vintage Springsteen and The Cars) why this has been a weird day. It's Friday the 13th. I have a feeling my day is only going to get weirder because I'm having dinner with T and Banana.

I'd better buckle up. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure that there was anything weird about our dinner out...unless testing out the lawn furniture at BBB is weird. Okay it is!

    Banana

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.