Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Things I Do For Friends or How I Gave Up The World's Coolest iPhone Case

Last night I had dinner with Tata and Banana. As per our norm, after feasting we hit Old Navy in search of bargains.

And bigger pants.

See above 'feasting' comment.

Whilst perusing the merchandise at Old Navy, T found what can only be described as a Mrs. Roper dress.

For those of you living under a rock or under the age of thirty-five, Mrs. Roper was a character on Three's Company (one of my all time favorite TV shows). Mrs. Roper was the landlord's wife and she sported what can only be described as outrageously colored floral caftans on nearly every episode.

Mrs. Roper seriously rocked a loud caftan. Kudos to Old Navy for bringing back the loud caftan.

I think.

It's sad to think that such a lovely garment caused a small skirmish between T and myself in the clearance aisle at Old Navy.

T: What was Mrs. Roper's first name?
Me: Duh ... Mrs.
T: Seriously? What was her first name?
Me: Give me a minute to think of it …
T: It was Edna.
Me: No, that wasn't it.
T: Yes it was. Her name was Edna.
Me: No, you're thinking of Edna Garrett on The Facts of Life.
T: No, Mrs. Roper's first name was Edna.
Me (snapping my fingers): It was Helen. Mrs. Roper's first name was Helen.
T: No. It. Was. Edna.
Me: No. It. Was. Helen.
T: My grandma's name is Helen. I'd know if my Grandma shares the same name with Mrs. Roper.
Me: Great! They share the same name because Mrs. Roper's name was Helen.
T: Nope. It was Edna.
Me: Bet you fifty bucks it was Helen.
T: Let's ask Banana.

insert a few minutes to find the oft wandering Banana

T: Banana. What was Mrs. Roper's first name?
Banana (looking kinda confused): Mrs.?
T: No, seriously. What was her first name?
Banana: Oh … I don't remember.
Me: Was it Edna (insert a small head shake from me) or Helen (insert a giant 'thumbs up' from me)?
Banana (doing a quick Google search on her phone): It was Helen.

insert a small, tasteful victory dance by me

A few minutes later, I found what can only be described as the perfect iPhone case in the clearance aisle.

Behold. The world's most perfect iPhone case.



It's a '1986 Mix Tape' case. And it's beautiful.

My fateful mistake? Showing it to T.

Guess who now owns the most amazing iPhone case ever? T.

Oh sure, she offered to do Rock, Paper, Scissors for the rights to buy such a classy item, but I declined. I'm preferring to think of it as her consolation prize for not winning the whole 'What Is Mrs. Roper's First Name?' contest.

The things I do for friends. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. It really is the world's most amazing iphone case...
    ~taya

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.