Thursday, October 25, 2012

My House Has A Poltergeist

Three things that are consuming my thoughts this morning:

1. This summer we finished part of our basement with walls and carpet. It's quite lovely. The remaining two-thirds of the basement remains unfinished and it is in this unfinished section that my treadmill (and the TV from my college days) reside. For the last several weeks, I have been running on my treadmill watching either American Pickers or Duck Dynasty when the lights will shut off. All by themselves. The treadmill and TV are still going, but bam! I am plunged into darkness. It is a very bizarre feeling to be grooving along only to have the lights spontaneously shut themselves off.

Clearly, this is the work of a poltergeist.

My husband says no, clearly this is the work of a faulty light switch.

I hope the poltergeist doesn't get him.



2. Five of the last seven days, including three days in a row, I have woken up to find an eyelash in each eye. An eyelash. In. Each. Eye. What does this mean? Should I be concerned?

My husband says no, but he is also the one who didn't take me seriously when the vacuum started to make a weird noise. Then smoke and a foul odor started pouring out of it. I told him that it was the second classic sign that a poltergeist had taken up residence in our house.

He disagreed by saying the vacuum just needed a new belt.

And that I should probably adhere to a stricter vacuum maintenance schedule.



3. I only have two strange incidents and this is of great concern. Everyone knows that these type of things (like death) always come in threes. I'm have a feeling that I'm going to be spending the next few days waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Probably dropped by a poltergeist.



Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with your post but I saw this and immediately thought of you... http://cdn4.blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/files/if-wonder-woman-was-a-mom/aw-hell-no.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That. Is. Awesome! Thanks for sharing it!

      Delete
  2. I bet it's the same poltergeist from the house we grew up in and it has been searching for you all these years. This is just it's way of saying (in a creepy little blond girl voice) "I'm heeeee-rrrre".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your childhood home was ROTALLY haunted!! I still get hebbie-gebbies when I drive by it and therefore prefer to leave my subdivision by the other exit.
    ~taya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again THAT'S NOT FUNNY! Ok. It's a little funny, but only because it's kinda true.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.