Can you see the three birds in this tree? Female cardinals? They're the ladies in this story.
See this guy on top of my kids' swing set? He's a male cardinal.
He just noticed the three ladies. He's whistling to himself and is thinking "Woowee! Hubba hubba! Three babes in a tree! Better go make my move." For some reason I believe he talks with a New Jersey accent. Think Joe Pesci. Now he's thinking about what he can do to make himself more attractive to the ladies.
The answer is, of course, puff up to look as fat as possible. 'Cause the ladies loooove a puffy bird.
"Hey babes. Whatcha got goin' on later today? I know a place where we can get all the black sunflower seeds we can eat. It's unbelievable. You'll love it! Do you like my bright red feathers? I just had 'em cleaned. Notice how big and puffy I am. Not every bird is a big and puffy as I am. C'mon ladies, I'll treat you to some sunflower seeds."
All I could think of when I was witnessing this display of animal attraction was the theme song to the Love Boat.
Love, exciting and new
Come aboard. We're expecting you.
Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.
Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.
Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
Yes LOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's
LOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's
LOOOOOOOOOOVE!
It's the Love Boat-ah! It's the Love Boat-ah!
I feel like Captain Stubing.
Pin It Now!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.