Remember this picture from about a month ago?
It's the pumpkin patch. Now look:
We have blooms!
And if the deer don't eat the blooms (fingers crossed), we get baby pumpkins!
Look at the lil' cutie! The pumpkins are very small right now. I put my big toe next to one to give you some perspective as to the size of the squash. Keep in mind that I have regular, every day women's size 7 feet and not freakishly large toes. I have freakishly weird arm hair, but my toes are fine. Except I really do need a pedicure. Pronto.
The pumpkin patch is very sincere. Looks like the Great Pumpkin just might be making a visit to our house on Halloween.
Pin It Now!
I'm so jealous!! I wish I had pumpkins growing. I've never had any luck with pumpkins or watermelons. Fortunately we live in the modern age and can go to the store and buy them. If I were a cave woman I'd have starved LONG ago! :)
ReplyDeleteIf you visit me before the first frost, I'll hook you up with some pumpkins and melons! We've got plenty.
ReplyDeletePeople cook and eat the blooms too. I'm not talking about me, but there has been talk of "people" doing it. Just saying, you could beat the deer at their own game.
ReplyDelete